Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Do You Worry About Having an Empty Nest?

I have three grown children.  Everyone said as they were growing up that one day they would all be on their own and I would suffer from "empty nest syndrome".    I also have a cat named Asti.   With a cat in the house, the nest is NEVER empty.  The only difference is that it's no longer YOUR nest!  The cat is the master of all he surveys be it the sofa, the love seat, or the bed!  And he expects to be attended to ... constantly and upon demand.   In the same way an infant trains his/her parents to understand what each cry means, so does a cat train its "staff" to know what each MEOW means!   There is the "meow" that means "I'm hungry and you haven't filled my dish in the last hour", the "meow" that means "I'm napping and I don't WANT to get down off the sofa", even the "meow" that means "I'm really lonely when you turn out the lights and go to bed, can I sleep with you??"   It's enough to drive you crazy!  Then again, when he looks at you with those big, beautiful eyes when you come home from work and meows "I'm so glad you're home!" it's worth every crazy minute!  I've included a picture of my cat Asti just so you can see why it's so hard to resist his welcome home meow.



Do you worry about having an empty nest?  No need to worry - just go get yourself a cat.  By the time you're done waiting on him hand and foot it will be just like the kids never left! LOL

Have a great day!!

2 comments: